Three people lost consciousness while bathing a child, including the baby himself, in Khrushchev on Bolshaya Akademicheskaya Street in Moscow. Gas services did not find a gas leak.
As it became known to MK, on January 30, at about 18.00, a 34-year-old Muscovite decided to bathe her four-year-old daughter. While the child was swimming in the bath, the mother was nearby. After some time, the woman asked a 21-year-old relative who was staying with them to look after the baby.
The girl agreed. And when, after 15-20 minutes, my mother returned to the bathroom, the niece complained that she was not feeling well – it was getting dark in her eyes and it was hard to breathe. After 10 minutes, the woman herself felt that the ground was leaving from under her feet. The girl also felt unwell and lost consciousness before her eyes
Grabbing the child, the woman went into the room, where she saw that the relative was unconscious. Frightened, she urgently called her husband, who had left on business, and he dialed a neighbor who rushed to the rescue. I had to call an ambulance. It seemed to the doctors that there was a smell of gas in the entrance (the house, for your information, is equipped with gas water heaters). As a matter of urgency, gas workers and employees of the Ministry of Emergency Situations arrived at the scene. Having provided the necessary first aid, the doctors decided to hospitalize the girl. The rest came to their senses.
After a thorough inspection of the gas equipment, experts did not find any gas leaks. Nevertheless, air was taken from the apartment for analysis.
Examination of the girl showed no signs of gas poisoning or food poisoning. Now the child already feels well, the discharge home will take place in the near future. Experts from the Ministry of Emergency Situations believe that the cause of such poor health and loss of consciousness could be a banal oxygen starvation. The bathroom in such houses is very small, the door was closed, and because of the hot water there were evaporations.